Pages

▼

Saturday, December 20, 2025

Cam Starke’s Favorite 25 Releases From 2025

By Cam Starke


This list is in no particular order. I had a hard time figuring out how to compile this list. Should it be a top five by genre, LPs, EPs, demos, splits, or just my favorites with no ranking? In the end, I listened to my chaotic brain and went with no order. I will say, though, that the first two on the list are the most surprising releases that tickled my fancy just right! 

There were so many great releases this year that I could keep this list going. I am sure I missed a lot, but I feel good about this list.

• Endless Joy, Endless Joy.

• Happy Farm, Happy Farm.

• Necron 9, People Die.

• Kaleidoscope, Cities of Fear.

• Mangled State, Learn to Suffer.

• Yellow Cake, Apparitions of War.

• Eulogy, Demo. 

• Negative Degree, Negative Degree.

• Stimulant, Sub Normal. 

• Bull Shits, Bull Shits.

• Uranium, Corrosion of Existence. 

• Wits End, Demo I and Demo II (yes I’m counting this as one to keep it a 25 count).

• 80HD, Orc Party.

• Hedonist, Scapulimancy.

• Dark Thoughts, Highway to The End.

• Psych War, Psychotic Warmonger.

• Alienator, Meat Locker.

• Culture Shock, Culture Shock.

• Dismay, No Guilt.

• Subversive Rite, Apocalypse Zone.

• Destiny Bond, The Love.

• Laughing Corpse, Beyond Recognition.

• Puffer, Street Hassle.

• Bootcamp, Times Up.

• Trespasser, Let There Be Light.

All these releases are put out by labels that have done some amazing releases and deserve a dive into their catalogs. 


Honorable mentions:

• Ancient Lights, Reclamation. 

• Everything that Bryan Lothian puts out on his bandcamp: bryanlothian.bandcamp.com 


Bonus:

Utah locals to always be on the lookout for: Deathblow, Ribbons, Nadezhda, Mindlock, Disfetid, and Gusano.


No comments:

Post a Comment