About Us


There is a good chance you found us accidentally by using the word “taint” in your search (If you found us on purpose, you deserve our accolades). Of course, we don’t know what you were looking for, but you stumbled on a damn cool project. Look around; let us help send you on a musical journey. Here you will find a number of album reviews from the strange and extreme to the tame and mainstream. Our reviewers are a bunch of obsessive miscreants. Most of us are avid music collectors and have been involved in the music world for decades. A couple of us have been in or are still in bands.

There are no rules on Tickle Your Taint Blog. Our reviewers might make you laugh, or piss you off; both results are legitimate. One reviewer might write a glowing review of an album; another might tear it apart. We may have a new review every week, or we could end up with one every six months. This blog exists as a social experiment to build community among a diverse group of music maniacs – our reviewers and hopefully you.

Contributors include: Alec, Anita Papsmear, AntiChrist-iansen, Billy West, Beert, Cam Starke, Chastity Morgan, Class Warrior, Dale M, Dave, Dismal, El Jefe, Five-Inch Taint, Gory Zaver, Gusty Bellows, Hartman, HinckleyHadAVision, Ian, Infidel Cowboys (Lusk, Wyoming), Jack Rafferty, Jack Stephen, Jimmy “Explosive Diarrhea” B, Jon, Jonnie Dames Rio, Kloghole, Musical Odyssey, Null, PaulySure, Ratones, Scott, So Brick Eh?, SoDak, Spooner D, Taciturn Orator, TheNeonRooster, Travis, Vidal, and Wayne.

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Dolly Parton (1946-2026)

 


By Null


Something about Dolly Parton always seemed unbelievable. I felt that as a child, and I feel it even more so tonight upon the news of her death. How did she play the guitar with those long, painted fingernails?

I can’t remember a world without Dolly. I do remember hearing her on the radio before I ever stepped into a kindergarten classroom. I heard her hit songs on the radio as I moved though elementary school, middle school, and high school. Those songs stuck with me. They were a part of the soundtrack of not only my life but of all those around me, even those who didn’t really like country music. The songs were burned into our brains. Her voice was instantly recognizable and distinct. Dolly’s voice always reminded me of a bird. She seemed ever present, especially to a kid born in the 1970s. 

However, she never went away.

As an adult, I experienced the revelation that she was an incredible songwriter. I never realized she was such a master of the craft until I started to listen to her body of work.

She was a funny and kind-hearted person. She wanted kids to have books. She donated a million bucks to help fund vaccines. She never went the way of the spineless right-wing dolts. 

Yet, everyone seemed to love her. She cut through the bullshit with a charm and a twinkle in her eye. She glittered with rhinestones, but she still had shit on her shoes. 

There are so many reasons we loved her.

1 comment: