About Us


There is a good chance you found us accidentally by using the word “taint” in your search (If you found us on purpose, you deserve our accolades). Of course we don’t know what you were looking for, but you stumbled on a damn cool project. Look around; let us help send you on a musical journey. Here you will find a number of album reviews from the strange and extreme to the tame and mainstream. Our reviewers are a bunch of obsessive miscreants. Most of us are avid music collectors and have been involved in the music world for decades. A couple of us have been in or are still in bands.

There are no rules on Tickle Your Taint Blog. Our reviewers might make you laugh, or piss you off; both results are legitimate. One reviewer might write a glowing review of an album another might tear it apart. We may end up adopting a single review system, such as five stars, or each reviewer may use his own or none at all. We may have a new review every week or we could end up with one every six months. This blog exists as a social experiment to build community among a diverse group of music maniacs – our reviewers and hopefully you. Pull down your knickers, lube up and join us in tickling yours and our taints.


Sunday, August 8, 2010

April Wine – The Nature of the Beast

Transcription of Reverend Jimmy “Explosive Diarrhea” B’s sermon delivered at the Church of Cheese, 8/6/2010

*Warning, the good reverend Jimmy is perfectly in tune with the rock and roll gods. This is manifested in the cheesing of tongues, which can be upsetting to some readers.

Good evening brothers and sisters, whoooo-ah, hallelujah, welcome to the church of cheese, fedalappimozzerella. Tonight, children, I want to discuss with you the importance of making righteous dairy choices.

In the beginning, 1981, there were four men, four “Bad Boys,” who called themselves April Wine, who were “Caught in the Crossfire” between wine and cheese. I am here tonight to spread their message not “Just Between You and Me,” but “All Over Town.” Amennn-ah!

These prophets of the curd, on their ninth and holiest album, The Nature of the Beast have presented cheese in its purest, most highly pasteurized whey. Mmmm whoo-ha! There are no progressive additives or immoral complexity introduced in the production process. Brothers and sisters I want to read to you from the song, “Wanna Rock.” Please turn to page three of the liner notes.

Don't wanna move or get out of bed
That rock 'n' roll's going straight through my head
They say I'm stupid, I really don't care
Whatever they say, well I say that's fair

Children, I would be remiss if I didn’t emphasize that all followers, particularly members of the Church of Cheese, must be willfully vacuous. Cheese must be permitted to go straight through our heads. Additionally, April Wine commands us not to care what others think. Purveyors and consumers of cheese must turn the other cheek-ah. We cannot let the disapproval of those we love sway us from our chosen path of consuming cheese.

All I wanna do is rock 'n' roll
All I wanna do is rock and rock some more
Wanna rock, wanna rock
Wanna rock, wanna rock

Yes, yes, yes, gorgonzolamuenstergouda! We all want to rock n’roll. Let the rock enter your souls. Hallelujah!

Don't waste my money driving 'round in a car
Save my money for electric guitars
Disco music's just a social disease
If it don't rock me, then it ain't gonna please me

We can all learn something from this stanza. Guitars are the center of the cheese universe. We must focus on the almighty guitar, brethren, and care little for money. All extra money should be placed on the collection plate (checks can be made out to the Church of Cheese). With your charitable donation, brethren, we can stamp out the blight of evil known as disco music and the culture of excess that accompanies this sinful music, which carries with it the funkiness of Vieux Boulogne. Whooo, give me an AMEN-AH!

All I wanna do is rock 'n' roll
All I wanna do is rock and rock some more
Wanna rock, wanna rock
Wanna rock, wanna rock

…stiltoncolbyccottagechechecheese…

Turn up the music, let's have a good time
Don't pull no punches, lay it right on the line
New wave, old wave, third wave will do
It don't matter when I'm dancing with you


Hallelujah, dancing! Heed this lesson, friends, the almighty April Wine commands you to shake your ass, not to club beats, but to 1980s guitar rock, waves and waves of 80s cheese.

All I wanna do is rock 'n' roll
All I wanna do is rock and rock some more
Wanna rock, wanna rock
Wanna rock, wanna rock, wanna rock

Brothers and Sisters, whoooeee, we all wanna rock, and rock we shall. Let us partake in this offering provided by the music industry. Take April Wine into your head and become one with their vintage cheese. Yes, sometimes cheese can carry a funky smell, but we must open our minds and let the cheese in. Brothers and sisters, when it comes to cheese, you can’t do much better than April Wine.

In the name of the lord, I anointed my taint with April Wine until I cheesed.



5 comments:

  1. Oh my cheese god, what a funny and wonderful review. I laughed until I teared up and then I ordered the record. I will soon be anointed!
    Reverend Jimmy, you truly have a whey with words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CheCheCheddardardawesome review. It was great listening to this album with you at the almighty cheese service last week. Praise lactose and April Wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great reason not to go vegan! Cheese curds for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop listening to this (sometimes ridiculous) record.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just picked up April Wine's Animal Grace for a couple dollars from the record store. Thanks for reminding me of this band.

    ReplyDelete