About Us


There is a good chance you found us accidentally by using the word “taint” in your search (If you found us on purpose, you deserve our accolades). Of course we don’t know what you were looking for, but you stumbled on a damn cool project. Look around; let us help send you on a musical journey. Here you will find a number of album reviews from the strange and extreme to the tame and mainstream. Our reviewers are a bunch of obsessive miscreants. Most of us are avid music collectors and have been involved in the music world for decades. A couple of us have been in or are still in bands.

There are no rules on Tickle Your Taint Blog. Our reviewers might make you laugh, or piss you off; both results are legitimate. One reviewer might write a glowing review of an album another might tear it apart. We may end up adopting a single review system, such as five stars, or each reviewer may use his own or none at all. We may have a new review every week or we could end up with one every six months. This blog exists as a social experiment to build community among a diverse group of music maniacs – our reviewers and hopefully you. Pull down your knickers, lube up and join us in tickling yours and our taints.


Sunday, November 26, 2017

Fats Domino (1928-2017)



Null:

I’m pretty sure I knew the words to “Blueberry Hill,” before I had ever heard the song. I have distinct memories of singing the song with my family at the dinner table pre-elementary school. I figured it was one of those songs everyone knew like “Old McDonald Had a Farm” or “Jingle Bells.” Of all the early piano-banging rockers, Fats and Little Richard were my favorites. Fats had a great, soothing quality to his voice and made undeniably catchy tunes. My favorite Fats song has always been “Wait and See.” Rock and roll might have been a little different without his New Orleans touch.



SoDak:


While I never found thrills on blueberry hill, I was quite fascinated by what dreams may come true there. Fats Domino’s version of “Blueberry Hill” is among the earliest songs that I recall from childhood. His voice and piano were magical. I remember seeing black-and-white footage of him playing this song on television. He had a huge smile and seemed so happy singing. I watched his hands pound out the rhythm, and I sang along with him. The horns on this song, as with most of his, complemented his voice perfectly. The lyrics further cemented a fascination of the connection between love, promises, heartbreak, and memories. By all accounts, Fats Domino was a very modest person, who lived most of his life in the neighborhood in which he grew up. His songs still bring back nice memories of singing along to radio, whether it is “Blueberry Hill,” “Ain’t That a Shame,” “I Can’t Go On (Rosalie),” “I Want to Walk You Home,” or “I’m Walking.”


No comments:

Post a Comment