About Us


There is a good chance you found us accidentally by using the word “taint” in your search (If you found us on purpose, you deserve our accolades). Of course we don’t know what you were looking for, but you stumbled on a damn cool project. Look around; let us help send you on a musical journey. Here you will find a number of album reviews from the strange and extreme to the tame and mainstream. Our reviewers are a bunch of obsessive miscreants. Most of us are avid music collectors and have been involved in the music world for decades. A couple of us have been in or are still in bands.

There are no rules on Tickle Your Taint Blog. Our reviewers might make you laugh, or piss you off; both results are legitimate. One reviewer might write a glowing review of an album another might tear it apart. We may end up adopting a single review system, such as five stars, or each reviewer may use his own or none at all. We may have a new review every week or we could end up with one every six months. This blog exists as a social experiment to build community among a diverse group of music maniacs – our reviewers and hopefully you. Pull down your knickers, lube up and join us in tickling yours and our taints.


Sunday, July 21, 2019

High on Fire, Electric Messiah (2018)



By PaulySure

I know that it is probably pointless to write a review of a record that came out over six months ago and that you have probably listened to many times. But today, I finally listened to High on Fire’s Grammy Award-winning album Electric Messiah on headphones. While headphones is certainly not my favorite way to listen to records, it sometimes makes it a more intimate, personal, and solitary way to experience music. Anyways, in doing this, I was reminded of a conversation I had with a friend a couple of weeks ago, where I reiterated why I love this record so much. Besides the fact that I am a pretty big Matt Pike fan (whether playing in High on Fire, Sleep, or that short-lived project Kalas) and this record totally fucking rules, I had an additional thought. Now, I realize that what I am about to write might be considered complete blasphemy, sacrilege, and utterly profane, and it may get me removed from this site, but I have to say it. Electric Messiahmight be the greatest Motorhead album that Motorhead never released!

Now, I am going to backpedal here just a bit, before I get into too much trouble. Motorhead might be the greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll band of all time, and for me they are totally punk as fuck. The first time I heard “Ace of Spades,” it changed my life! At the age of 13, that song opened up the intro to Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3, and I knew I had to own that CD. Today I have two very strong opinions toward the album: first, the record must be in the collections of Rockers, Punks and Metalheads (or at least fans of good music); second, if someone dislikes the record, they are not to be trusted. 

Anyways, now that I have hopefully cleared the air a bit, what I mean is this. With Electric Messiah, High on Fire pulled off what I always deep down, secretly wanted Motorhead to do—slow it down at times, while still kicking ass. So yeah, that is why I think it is the best Motorhead record that Motorhead never released. Either way, whether you agree with this or not, go listen to Electric Messiah! It fucking rips, and High on Fire are easily one of the best bands out there right now! Also, please don’t hate me!

No comments:

Post a Comment