About Us


There is a good chance you found us accidentally by using the word “taint” in your search (If you found us on purpose, you deserve our accolades). Of course, we don’t know what you were looking for, but you stumbled on a damn cool project. Look around; let us help send you on a musical journey. Here you will find a number of album reviews from the strange and extreme to the tame and mainstream. Our reviewers are a bunch of obsessive miscreants. Most of us are avid music collectors and have been involved in the music world for decades. A couple of us have been in or are still in bands.

There are no rules on Tickle Your Taint Blog. Our reviewers might make you laugh, or piss you off; both results are legitimate. One reviewer might write a glowing review of an album; another might tear it apart. We may have a new review every week, or we could end up with one every six months. This blog exists as a social experiment to build community among a diverse group of music maniacs – our reviewers and hopefully you.

Contributors include: Alec, Anita Papsmear, AntiChrist-iansen, Billy West, Beert, Cam Starke, Chastity Morgan, Class Warrior, Dale M, Dave, Dismal, El Jefe, Five-Inch Taint, Gory Zaver, Gusty Bellows, Hartman, HinckleyHadAVision, Ian, Infidel Cowboys (Lusk, Wyoming), Jack Rafferty, Jack Stephen, Jimmy “Explosive Diarrhea” B, Jon, Jonnie Dames Rio, Kloghole, Musical Odyssey, Null, PaulySure, Ratones, Scott, So Brick Eh?, SoDak, Spooner D, Taciturn Orator, TheNeonRooster, Travis, and Vidal.

Sunday, September 6, 2026

L7, Wargasm: The Slash Years 1992-1997 (Cherry Red, 2021)


Reviewed by Null


I was prompted by the recent death of Jennifer Finch to revisit my L7 records. It had been quite a while since I had listened to them, but I always had a soft spot for their most famous album Bricks Are Heavy. I searched through my CDs and found that I had a copy of their first album and the aforementioned Brick Are Heavy. While listening, I was reminded how much I liked this band. I was thirsty for more and stumbled upon Wargasm: The Slash Years 1992-1997. It was a little package containing the albums Bricks Are Heavy, Hungry for Stick, and The Beauty Process: Triple Platinum. Every album included a few bonus and B-sides.

It was worth every penny. Each of these albums is a reminder of the infectious heavy-ass hooks that seem to fall out of the sky for L7. Each record is produced a bit different, but the same melodic riffs cascade one after the other. The slow burns feel as good as the up-tempo numbers. L7 records make it feel good to be pissed off. Whether the lyrics are of a more subjective nature or a political call to arms, every song is delivered with a snarl and an upturned lip. Speaking of snarling, L7 makes Billy Idol look like George Michael, but I digress. At the same time, L7 puts me in a cheerful mood. In a word, they’re dark and fun like a goth in the sun.

The art work and booklet are great as well, as the package contains original covers of singles, and other music nerdy things.

If you’ve been wanting to check out some L7, Wargasm will not let you down.

In closing, L7 are still around. They’re still doing shows and I’m left with the feeling that their other albums must be pretty solid as well. I’ll leave you with a slow burning favorite of mine from a TV show in 2008. Jennifer sings this one. L7 can be a respite when the world throws you one more stupid fucking thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment